Prachi TharejaAssociate Professor, Chemical Engineering
- BTech: Harcourt Butler Technological Institute, Kanpur, 2003
- MS: University of Pittsburgh, 2006
- PhD: University of Pittsburgh, 2008
Email: prachi -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : http://prachi.people.iitgn.ac.in/wp/
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Jan 2018 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Dec 2011 to Jan 2018)
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, University of Delaware (Oct 2008 - Dec 2011)
A. Ojha, P. Thareja*,Electrolyte Induced Rheological Modulation of Graphene Oxide Suspensions and its Applications in Adsorption, Accepted for publication in Applied Surface Science, To appear in Jan 2018.
B. Panjwani, S. Gupta and P. Thareja*,Ovalbumin at Oil-Water Interfaces: Adsorption and Emulsification, Accepted for publication in Journal of Dispersion Sci and Tech, 2017.
S. Kulkarni and P. Thareja*,Suspensions of Titania Nanoparticle Networks in Nematic Liquid Crystals: Rheology and Microstructure, Rheologica Acta, DOI: 10.1007/s00397-017-1039-7, Sep. 2017.
S. Kulkarni, A. Verma, N. S. Mishra and P. Thareja*,Partitioning and Self Assembly of Silica and Hematite Particles at Grain Boundaries of Hexagonal Liquid Crystals: Implications on Rheology, J. Rheol. 61(2), 311-325, 2017, 311-325.
S. Kumar and P. Thareja*,Influence of Electric Field and Shear on the Rheology of Fumed in Silicone Alumina Suspensions, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physiochemical. Eng. Aspects , 511, 2016, 339-350.
- Prof. Indira Parekh 50 Women Leaders in Education Award, 2018
- Mechanically tunable adsorbent grapheme oxide gels, Poster presentation in the International Conference on Applied Surface Science, China, 12-15th June 2017, (received the SPECS prize for the best poster)
- Self-assembly and Rheology of Colloidal particles in Hexagonal and Nematic Liquid Crystals, Poster Presentation in Faraday Discussion-Nanoparticle Self-Assembly: From Fundamental to - Applications, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, January 6-8, 2016. (received the Skinner's prize for the best poster)
- Sunoco Chemical Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh, 2008
- Gold Medal for best academic performance, HBTI Kanpur, 2003