Saptarshi DeyInspire Fellow, Earth Sciences
- BSc: University of Calcutta, 2008
- MSc: IIT Bombay, 2010
- PhD: University of Potsdam, Germany, 2016
Email: saptarshi.dey -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Inspire Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Apr 2018 to present)
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (May 2017 to Apr 2018)
- Research Associate, University of Potsdam (2016 - 2017)
- Well-Site Geologist, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. (2010 - 2011)
- Dey, S., Thiede, R. C., Schildgen, T. F., Wittmann, H., Scherler, D., Bookhagen, B., Jain, V., Strecker, M.R.; (2016). Climate-driven aggradation and incision since the Late Pleistocene in the NW Sub-Himalaya, India. Earth and Planetary Science Letters.
- Dey, S., Thiede, R. C., Schildgen, T. F., Wittmann, H., Scherler, D., Bookhagen, B., Strecker, M.R.; (2016). Holocene internal shortening within the northwest Sub-Himalaya: out-of-sequence faulting of the Jwalamukhi Thrust, India. Tectonics.
- Thiede, R.C., Robert, X., Stubner, K., Dey, S., and Faruhn, J., Sustained out-of-sequence shortening along a tectonically active segment of the Main Boundary Thrust: The Dhauladhar Range in the NW Himalaya: Lithosphere.