Start-early Ph.D. fellowship
IIT Gandhinagar recognizes the importance of creating opportunities for aspiring young learners to gain entry into the exciting arena of scientific research. The Start Early Ph.D. Fellowship of IITGN is conceived to meet this need. This full-time residential fellowship is designed to enable budding engineers to gain early entry into the Ph.D. programmes at IIT Gandhinagar. The objective of this programme is to put promising young undergraduate students from diverse disciplines on the fast-track mode of cutting edge technological research in order to prepare them to participate in the process of nation building.
- B.Tech. students (Class of 2019) from NITs and other select colleges, who are among the top five rank holders in the department at the end of their third year (You may check with HOD/Director of your college to see if your college is included in the list of select colleges. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check the eligibility).
- B.Tech. students (Class of 2019) from IITs with a CPI/CGPA of not less than 6.0 at the end of their third year.
- No GATE qualification requirement
- Rs. 35,000/- per month (with valid GATE score)
- Rs. 25,000/- per month (without GATE score)
- Earn a Ph.D. degree directly after Bachelor’s degree.
- Get generous financial support in terms of stipend and travel grants.
- A fulltime residential researcher (RR) programme.
Application portal is currently open for admission to the Start Early Ph.D. programme beginning in July 2019. Final year B.Tech. students (graduating in 2019) from select institutes are eligible to apply and all applications must be submitted online. On successful submission of the application form, a confirmation screen will appear with a link to download the submitted application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and all the documentary evidence (copies of testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- There is NO application fee.
- You NEED NOT send the hard-copy of the application form.
Admission is generally offered on the basis of an interview, which is supplemented by a written test if necessary. The final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, written test and/or interview.
The written test is generally based on the topics related to general aptitude (logical reasoning, analytical and numerical ability, etc.), writing skills, and basic courses of various disciplines at undergraduate level. The candidates who do not qualify in the written test need not appear for interview. The reserved category candidates will be given due relaxation in cutoff marks as per the norms.
The candidates called for the Test / Interview will be reimbursed to and fro single second-sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute /venue of the Test / Interview. It is required to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of the claim.
|Application Form Submission Deadline||-||05 October 2018|
|Written Test and/or Interview||-||27/28 October 2018|
|Announcement of List of Selected Candidates||-||November 2018|
For further information, you may contact us at email@example.com