Off-Campus Access to Subscribed E-Resources
Option – 1: Using RemoteXS
To facilitate & promote the use of e-resources at the point of need & use, IITGN Library provides an off- campus ( remote) access to subscribed e-resources using RemoteXS service to the registered users - Faculty and Research Scholars, to begin with. This service doesn’t require any configuration, operating system or specific devices, to access the e-resources from off-campus. Users can directly go to the following link and they will be asked to provide their IITGN email ID and password when attempting to access this service. On successful login into RemoteXS website, the user can browse desired resources to get full-text or simply access of the resource.
Link to access: RemoteXS Service: http://iitgn.remotexs.in/
Click here to download the RemoteXS user guide.
- Can run on any device and compatible with any operating system
- No extra credentials needed to remember
- Browse and search facility to explore resources
- RemoteXS is using Gmail OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication and therefore by default, user will have Gmail login - in our case IITGN email.
- At the time of Logout, click on link given in RemoteXS screen as well as Sign-out from your Gmail account.
Option – 2: Using IITGN VPN Service
Click here to view detailed documentation on IITGN VPN service