S P Mehrotra
S P MehrotraVisiting Professor , Materials Engineering
- BTech: IIT Kanpur, 1968
- MTech: IIT Kanpur, 1970
- PhD: IIT Kanpur, 1973
Email: spm -AT- iitgn.ac.in
VOIP: 2503 / 2012 / 2013
- Director, National Metallurgical Laboratory (CSIR), Jamshedpur ( on deputation to NML w.e.f. Jun 03, 2002 to Apr 30, 2009)
- Dean, Faculty Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (Oct 1998 to Dec 2001)
- Head, Metallurgical Engineering Dept (July 1990 to Sep 1993)
- Head, Advanced Centre for Materials Science (May 1992 to Sep 1993)
- Professor, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, (1984 to present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of British Columbia, Canada,(1979 to 81)
- Assistant Professor, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, (1975 to 83)
- Lecturer, Materials & Metallurgical Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, (1973 to 75)
- T. C. Alex, Rakesh Kumar, S. K. Roy and S. P. Mehrotra: Anomalous reduction in surface area during mechanical activation of boehmite synthesized by thermal decomposition of gibbsite, Powder Technology, Vol. 208, 2011, 128-136.
- T. C. Alex, C. Sasi Kumar, Ansu J. Kailath, Rakesh Kumar, S. K. Roy and S. P. Mehrotra: Analysis of mechanically induced reactivity of boehmite using kinetics of boehmite to g-Al₂O₃ transformation, Metallurgical Transactions B, Vol. 42, 2011, 592-603.
- G. K. Mandal, S. K. Das, R. Balasubramaniam and S. P. Mehrotra: Evolution of microstructure of galvanized and galvannealed coatings formed in 0.2 wt pct. Aluminium-zinc bath, Materials Science and Tecnology, Vol. 27, 2011, 1265-1270.
- Sanjay Kumar, Rakesh Kumar and S. P. Mehrotra: Influence of granulated blast furnace slag on the reaction, structure and properties of fly ash based geoploymer, J. Materials Science, Vol.45, 2010, 607-615.
- G. K. Mandal, R. Balasubramaniam and S. P. Mehrotra: Theoretical investigation of the interfacial reactions during hot dip galvanizing of steel, Materials and Metallurgical Transaction A, Vol.40A, 2009, 637-645.
- A. Das, B. Sarkar and S. P. Mehrotra: Prediction of separation performance of flotex density separator for processing of fine coal particles, International Journal of Mineral Processing, Vol. 91, 2009, 41-49.
- A. Das, A. Vidyadhar and S. P. Mehrotra, A novel flowsheet combining dry and wet techniques for the recovery of metal values from waste printed circuit boards, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, Vol.53, 2009, 464-469.
- Chandan Guria, Mohan Varma, Santosh K. Gupta, and S. P. Mehrotra: Optimal synthesis of an industrial fluorspar beneficiation plant using a jumping gene adaptation of genetic algorithm, Minerals and Metallurgical Processing Journal, Vol. 26, No. 4 , 2009, 174-190.
- G. K. Mandal, D. Mandal, S.K. Das, R. Balasubramaniam and S. P. Mehrotra: Microstructural study of galvanized coatings formed in pure as well as commercial grade Zn baths, Transaction of The Indian Institute of Metals, Vol.62, 2009, 35-40.
- Biswajit Sarkar, Avimanyu Das and S. P.Mehrotra: Study of separation features in floatex separator for cleaning fine coal, International Journal of Mineral Processing, Vol.86, 2008, 40-49.
- Tata Gold Medal of Indian Institute of Metals (2007)
- IIME Mineral Beneficiation Award (2002)
- SAIL Gold Medal of Indian Institute of Metals (2002)
- Mineral Beneficiation Award of Indian Inst. of Mineral Engineers (2002)
- Distinguished Metallurgist Award of The Institution of Engineers, India, (2002)
- Maharashtra Govt. Award for Outstanding Research Contributions, Indian Society for Technical Education (1994)
- National Metallurgists’ Day Best Metallurgist Award, Ministry of Steel, Govt. of India, New Delhi (1992)
- Best Undergraduate Project Award, IIT Kanpur (1968)