Arka ChattopadhyayAssistant Professor, Humanities
- BA: Presidency College, 2007
- MA: Jadavpur University, 2009
- MPhil: Jadavpur University, 2011
- PhD: Western Sydney University, 2016
Email: arka.chattopadhyay -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Nov 2017 to present)
- Undergraduate Tutor, Western Sydney University, Sydney, (2015 - 2016)
- Guest Faculty, Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata, (2012 - 2 months)
- Guest Faculty, Vidyasagar College, Kolkata, (2010 - 2012)
- Guest Faculty, Presidency University, Kolkata, (2009 - 2011)
“Political logic of numerical community: Borromean Ones in Lacan and Beckett”, Psychoanalytische Perspectieven/Psychoanalytic Perspectives 36: 4, pp. 483-496.
“I am Jack the ripper, a golden eagle: ethical alterity and dangers of narrative travel in world literature”, Interventions, DOI: 10.1080/1369801X.2018.1547207, 21: 1, pp. 35-53, Jan. 2019.
“Before the door that opens on my story: Samuel Beckett and narrative as Detritus”, Language and Psychoanalysis, DOI: 10.7565/landp.v8i1.1593, 8: 1, pp. 1-14, May 2019.
“Harold Pinter's aging male speakers: affect of exhaustion and metaphors of agency”, The Harold Pinter Review, DOI: 10.5325/haropintrevi.3.1.0001, 3:1, pp. 1-13, Jun. 2019.
"Ontology of sound in Harold Pinter’s radio drama", Sound Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal (online first), Taylor and Francis, Sept, 2019, DOI: 10.1080/20551940.2019.1652021
- Beckett, Lacan and the Mathematical Writing of the Real, London and New York: Bloomsbury, 2019.