Dhiman BasuAssociate Professor , Civil
- BE: Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India, 1995
- MTech: IIT Kanpur, India, 1998
- PhD: University at Buffalo, State University of New York (SUNY), 2012
Email: dbasu -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Feb 2020 - Present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Aug 2012 - Feb 2020)
- Post-Doctoral Scholar, University at Buffalo, State University at New York (SUNY) (Apr 2012 - July 2012)
- Scientist, Structural Engineering Research Centre, Chennai, India (Mar 2002 - Aug 2008)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, GB Panth University of Agriculture and Technology, India (Sep 1999 - Feb 2002)
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (Dec 1998 - Sep 1999)
- Graduate Engineer Trainee, M/S Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd (India) (July 1995 - Jan 1996)
Bashir, A. and Basu, D. (2018). “Revisiting Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Analysis of Gujarat: An Assessment of Indian Design Spectra.” Natural Hazards, Springer (in print).
Rodda, G.K. and Basu, D. (2017). “Coherency model for Translational and Rotational Ground Motions.” Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, Springer (in print).
Verma, R. and Basu, D. (2017). “On Correlating the Modulus of Elasticity of Stack-bonded Fly-ash Brick Masonry using Impact Hammer and Compression Tests.” European Journal of 4. Environmental and Civil Engineering. DOI.org/10.1080/19648189.2017.1410232.
Rodda, G.K. and Basu, D. (2017). “Apparent Translational Component for Rotational Ground Motions.” Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, DOI 10.1007/s10518-017-0203-x.
Ghaisas, K.V., Basu, D., Brzev, S. and Pérez Gavilán, J.J. (2017). “Strut-and-Tie Model for Seismic Design of Confined Masonry Buildings.” Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 147: 677-700.