Amit PrashantProfessor, Civil Engineering
- BE: I.I.T. Roorkee, India,1997
- PhD: University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA, 2004
Email: ap -AT- iitgn.ac.in
VOIP: 2415 / 2014
- Officiating Director, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Jul 2019 to Aug 2019)
- Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Nov 2015 to present)
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (2010 to 2015)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2005 to 2010)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, Tennessee (2004 to 2005)
- Assistant Engineer, Consulting Engineering Services India (pvt.) Ltd., New Delhi (1997 to 1999)
Prashant, A.; Bhattacharya, D.; Gundlapalli, S. (2018). “Stress-State Dependency of Small-Strain Shear Modulus in Silty Sand and Sandy Silt of Ganga,” Géotechnique, DOI: 10.1680/jgeot.17.p.100, Feb. 2018.
Agarwal, S., Majumdar, M., Bisht, R.S. & Prashant, A. (2018) “Interpretation of Archaeological Features using GPR at Harappan Site of Dholavira, Current Science, Vol. 114, No. 04, pp. 879-887.
Chavan, Dhanaji; Mondal, Goutam and Prashant, Amit. (2017). “Seismic analysis of nailed soil slope considering interface effects”, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, DOI: 10.1016/j.soildyn.2017.06.024, vol. 100, pp. 480-491.
Mukherjee, M., Gupta, A, & Prashant, A. (2016) “Drained instability analysis of sand under biaxial loading,” Computers and Geotechnics, DOI: 10.1016/j.compgeo.2016.05.023, vol. 79, pp. 130-145, Oct. 2016.
Mukherjee, M.; Gupta, A. and Prashant, A. (2016) “Instability analysis of sand under undrained biaxial loading with rigid and flexible boundary”, International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000690.
Prashant, A., & Penumadu, D. (2015) “Uncoupled Dual Hardening Model for Clays Considering the Effect of Overconsolidation and Intermediate Principal Stress,” Acta Geotechnica, 10.1007/s11440-015-0377-9.