Sharad GuptaAssociate Professor , Biological Engineering
- MSc(Integrated, 5yr.): IIT Kanpur, 2003
- PhD: University of Pittsburgh, 2009
Email: sharad -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : http://sharad.people.iitgn.ac.in/
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Feb 2019 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (July 2012 to Jan 2019)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Delaware (Aug 2010 - June 2012)
- Post Doctoral Researcher, Department of Chemistry, Temple University (Sept 2009-July 2010)
Krishnakumar, Guru V. and Gupta, Sharad, "Simplified method to obtain enhanced expression of Tau protein from E. coli and one-step purification by direct boiling", Preparative Biochemistry and Biotechnology, DOI: 10.1080/10826068.2016.1275012, 2017.
Mani, Vedamalai; Krishnakumar, Guru V.; Gupta, Sharad; Mori, Shigeki and Gupta, Iti, "Synthesis and characterization of styryl-BODIPY derivatives for monitoring in vitro Tau aggregation", Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, DOI: 10.1016/j.snb.2016.12.104, 2017.
Modak, S.; Guru KrishnaKumar, V.; Gupta, S.; and Thareja, P.; "Influence of Phosphorylation on the Foamability and Stability of Bovine Serum Albumin and Citrus Peel Pectin Mixed Foams", Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 2016.
Ralhan, K.; Guru Krishna Kumar, V.; Gupta. S. "Piperazine and DBU: a safer alternative for rapid and efficient fmoc deprotection in solid phase peptide synthesis." RSC Advances,2015, 5, 104417-104425. DOI: 10.1039/C5RA23441G.
Morozova, O. A.; Gupta, S.; Colby, D. W. "Prefibrillar Huntington oligomers isolated from HD brain potentially seed amyloid formation" FEBS letters, 589(15):1897-903, 2015. doi: 10.1016/j.febslet.2015.05. * Equal contribution.
Gupta, S.; Jie, S.; Colby, D. W. "Protein misfolding detected early in the pathogenesis of a transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease using an amyloid seeding assay." J. Biol. Chem. 2012, 287, 9982-9989.