Start-early Ph.D. fellowship
- List of existing PhD scholars
- List of candidates provisionally selected for admission, 2017-18 Semester - I
IIT Gandhinagar recognizes the importance of creating opportunities for aspiring young learners to gain entry into the exciting arena of scientific research. The Start Early Ph.D. Fellowship of IITGN is conceived to meet this need. This full-time residential fellowship is designed to enable budding engineers to gain early entry into the Ph.D. programmes at IIT Gandhinagar. The objective of this programme is to put promising young undergraduate students from diverse disciplines on the fast-track mode of cutting edge technological research in order to prepare them to participate in the process of nation building.
- B.Tech. students currently enrolled in their 4th year of programme.
- At an IIT with CPI/CGPA of not less than 6.0
Top 5 rank holders of the disciplines in NITs and other selected engineering colleges
(Check with the HOD/Director of the college for information)
- No GATE qualification requirement
- Rs. 35,000/- per month (with valid GATE score)
- Rs. 25,000/- per month (without GATE score)
- Earn a Ph.D. degree directly after Bachelor’s degree.
- Get generous financial support in terms of stipend and travel grants.
- A fulltime residential researcher (RR) programme.
Application portal is currently open for admission to the Start Early Ph.D. programme beginning in July 2017. Final year B.Tech. students (graduating in 2017) from select institutes are eligible to apply and all applications must be submitted online. On successful submission of the application form, a confirmation screen will appear with a link to download the submitted application form. Please save the application form. You need to furnish hardcopy of the application form and all the documentary evidence (copies of testimonials, certificates, publications, work experience and research/professional experience) at the time of interview. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- There is NO application fee.
- You NEED NOT send the hard-copy of the application form.
|Application Form Submission Deadline||-||19 September 2016|
|Announcement of Shortlist||-||26 September 2016|
|Interviews||-||22-23 October 2016|
|Announcement of Results||-||04 November 2016|
Written Test and/or Interview Dates (Tentative)
Date of the Interview
22 October 2016 (Saturday)
Computer Science and Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
23 October 2016 (Sunday)
Humanities and Social Sciences
The application portal is closed for admissions to the Start Early Ph.D. programme for the semester beginning in July 2017.
For further information, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org