The course fee is Rs. 16,500/- (Rupees Sixteen Thousand Five Hundred Only) per participant. It includes course material, lunch, and tea breaks. The fee is payable in advance by a crossed cheque or demand draft in favor of “IIT Gandhinagar Conference Account”, payable at Gandhinagar, or via online transfer at the account details given in registration form. The postgraduate students and faculty of civil engineering may request a discount in course fee.
Registration Form: Online / Offline
Download complete brochure of short course
The aim of the course is to abreast the participants with fundamentals of Geosynthetic materials, design and construction, and also provide exposure to International and National best practices:
- Have an overall understanding about various types of geosynthetics and engineering with them in various civil engineering and water resources structures for economical and durable structures
- Understand the guidelines and requirements for retaining structures, construction on soft soils, for drainage and filteration and pavements, dams and canals, to enable them to plan and direct the construction activity appropriately.
The course will be conducted by
• Prof. G.V. Rao, IIT Gandhinagar
• Sri M. Venkataraman, Former Vice President of Garware-Wall Ropes Ltd.
• Dr. Jimmy Thomas, Geosynthetics Consultant, Kochi
• Prof. Ajanta Sachan, IIT Gandhinagar
• Prof. Amit Prashant, IIT Gandhinagar
• Participants who successfully complete the course will be awarded a certificate.