Mona G. Mehta
Mona G. MehtaAssistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA: University of Mumbai, 2000
- MA: University of Mumbai, 2002
- MA: University of Chicago, 2004
- PhD: University of Chicago, 2010
Email: monamehta -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : http://monamehta.people.iitgn.ac.in/
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Jun 2012 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Politics and International Relations, Scripps College, Claremont, CA (2010 – May 2012)
Mehta, Mona G. 2018. 'The Middle Class Capture of Urban Spaces', Seminar, symposium on 'Ahmedabad: The City and Her Soul', July, Issue 707, pp.20-25.
Mehta, Mona G. 2018. 'Reflections on place, mobility and belonging in Gujarat', Contributions to Indian Sociology, 52, 1 (2018): 1–18
Banerjee, Dyotana and Mehta, Mona G. 2017. “Caste and capital in the remaking of Ahmedabad”, Contemporary South Asia, Vol. 25 , Issue 2.
Mehta, Mona G. 2017. 'From Gandhi to Gurus: The Rise of the ‘Guru-Sphere', South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, Vol. 40 , Issue 3.
Mehta, Mona G. 2017. 'Tamil Brahmans: The making of a middle-class caste', by C. J. Fuller and Haripriya Narasimhan, Book Review, South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 124-126.
Mehta, Mona, G. 2017. 'Democracy and Its Institutions', by André Béteille, Book Review: Contributions to Indian Sociology, Volume 51, Issue 1, pp.124-126.
Mehta, Mona G. 2016 'Divided we govern: coalition politics in modern India', by Sanjay Ruparelia, Studies in Indian Politics, Book review. Vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 252-253.