Achal MehraVisiting Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BTech: IIT Kanpur, 1980
- PhD: Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, 1985
Email: achal -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Feb 2018 to present)
- Editor and Publisher, Little India Magazine, BiggerIndia.com
- Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Feb 2013 - Dec 2015)
- Director, Communications Program & Associate Professor, Albright College (1989-2001)
- Senior Program Specialist (Training), Asian Mass Communication Research and Information, Singapore (1987-1989)
- Visiting Scholar, Center for Asian Studies, Arizona State University, Tempe (1987).
- Editorial Consultant, International News Division, Xinhua News Agency, Beijing, China (1985-1986)
- Assistant Professor, News Editorial Sequence; Chair, Curriculum Committee; Chair, Committee for Developing Master of Art Program, Department of Journalism & Mass Communications, University of Northern Colorado, Greeley (1983-1985).
- Free Flow of Information: A New Paradigm. GREENWOOD PRESS, Westport, Conn, USA. (1986).
- Communication Development and Human Rights in Asia. Co-editor with Cees J. Hamelink. Asian Mass Communication Research & Information Center, Singapore. and Institute for Social Studies, The Netherlands.(1990).
- Newspaper Management in the New Multimedia Age.Editor. Unesco-Amic, Singapore. (1988).
- Press Systems in Asean States.Editor. Asian Mass Communication Research & Information Center, Singapore. (1989).
- Communication Structures in Asia and the Pacific: Present State and Future Prospects.Editor. Major Programme I. Reflections on World Problems & Future-Oriented Studies. Bureau of Studies and Programming. United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization, Paris. (1988).