R SharanScholar-in-Residence, Electrical Engineering
- BE: Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, 1961
- MASc: University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1964
- PhD: University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1968
Email: sharan -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Distinguished Professor, LNMIIT, Jaipur (2004 - present)
- Adviser to Samtel Centre of Display Technologies, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (July 2002 - Jun 2004)
- Dean Academic Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (1981 - 1984)
- Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (July 1977 - Jun 2002)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (May 1969 )
- Raghubir Sharan, Yashwant N. Mohapatra, and Jameson M. Wetmore. TechnicalEducation and Indian Society: The Role of Values; Chapter 23 in The Year Book of Nanotechnology in Society, Vol II, Springer Science+Business Media BV 2010 edited by S Cozzens and J Wetmore.
- Manju Dhariwal, Ramesh C Pradhan and Raghubir Sharan, Engaging the Students of Technology in an Ethical Discourse in the Information age: Views of Wiener and Gandhi ACM, SIGCAS Computers and Society, Volume 40, No. 2, June 2010.
- R Sharan, KR Sarma, B Mazhari, SSS Iyer  , Display Technologies (ICT and Visualization), in �Information Technology and Communication Resources for Sustainable Development� edited by Ashok Jhunjhunwala, in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), Developed under the Auspices of the UNESCO, Eolss Publishers, Oxford ,UK, [http://www.eolss.net].
- Sunil Kumar, M Dhariwal, A K Pujari and Raghubir Sharan; Information and Communication Technologies for Consolidating Democracy: A Case Study from India . ). in ETHICOMP ,September 2008, University of Pavia, Mantua, Italy, Ed T W Bynum et al , pp 496-502.
- R Sharan and E L Heassel, Impurity Piezo-absorption in InSb Proc Vol II,XXII-7, International Conference On the Physics of Semiconductors, Moscow, 1968.
- R Sharan and E L Heassel, Deformation Potential Constants of Acceptor Impurities in InSb, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol 31 p 541, 1970.
- R Sharan, Spectroscopy of Metals and Semiconductors, Modern aspects of solid State Chemistry, Ed C N R Rao, Plenum Press, New York, 1970.