Manish KumarAssistant Professor , Earth Sciences
- BSc: L.N.M.U Darbhanga, Bihar, 1998
- MSc: JNU, New Delhi, 2002
- MPhil: JNU, New Delhi, 2004
- PhD: The University of Tokyo, Japan, 2009
Email: manish.kumar -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (July 2017 to present)
- Visiting Faculty, University of Nebraska-Lincoln (2016 to 2017)
- Assistant Professor, Tezpur University, Assam, India (2010 - 2016)
- JSPS Post Doctoral Fellow, Japanese Society for the promotion of science, Tokyo University (2010 - 2011)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Kunsan National University, South Korea (2009 - 2010)
- MEXT ResearchScholar, University of Tokyo, Japan (2006 - 2009)
- Linnaeus Palme Stipend Research Student, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden (2005 - 2006)
- CSIR, JRF School of Environmental Science, JNU, New Delhi, India (2003 - 2005)
- Project JRF School of Environmental Science, JNU, New Delhi, India (2002 - Jun 2003)
- Arbind Kumar Patel, Nilotpal Das and Manish Kumar* (2019) Multilayer arsenic mobilization and multimetal co-enrichment in the alluvium (Brahmaputra) plains of India: A tale of redox domination along the depth. Chemosphere 224; 140-150 (IF: 4.427).
- Shim, Jaehong, Manish Kumar*, Ritusmita Goswami, Payal Mazumder, Byung-Taek Oh, and Patrick J. Shea. (2019) "Removal of p-cresol and tylosin from water using a novel composite of alginate, recycled MnO2 and activated carbon." Journal of hazardous materials 864: 419-428. (IF: 6.434).
- Taki, Kaling, Anindita Gogoi, Payal Mazumder, Satya Sunder Bhattacharya, and Manish Kumar*(2019). "Efficacy of vermitechnology integration with Upflow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket (UASB) and activated sludge for metal stabilization: A compliance study on fractionation and biosorption." Journal of Environmental Management 236: 603-612. (IF: 4.005).
- Borah, Rinkumoni, Kaling Taki, Anindita Gogoi, Pallavi Das, and Manish Kumar*. (2018) "Contemporary distribution and impending mobility of arsenic, copper and zinc in a tropical (Brahmaputra) river bed sediments, Assam, India." Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 161:769-776. (IF: 3.974).
- Das, Nilotpal, Aparna Das, Kali Prasad Sarma, and Manish Kumar*(2018). "Provenance, prevalence and health perspective of co-occurrences of arsenic, fluoride and uranium in the aquifers of the Brahmaputra River floodplain." Chemosphere 194: 755-772. (IF: 4.427).