Vimal MishraAssociate Professor, Civil
- BTech: C. S. A. University, Kanpur, India, 2003
- MTech: IIT Kharagpur, India, 2005
- PhD: Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA, 2010
Email: vmishra -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Jan 2018 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (May 2012 to Jan 2018)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Northeastern University, Boston, USA (May 2013 - Jun 2013)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (May 2010 - May 2012)
- Graduate Research Fellow, Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA (Aug 2006 - May 2010)
Mishra, V., A., Ganguly, B. Nijssen, and D. P. Lettenmaier (2015). Changes in observed climatic extremes in Global Urban Areas. (Environmental Research letters).
Ali H., V., Mishra, and D., Pai, (2014) .Observed and Projected Urban Extreme Precipitation Events in India (Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmosphere).
Kumar D., V., Mishra, and A., Ganguly, (2014). Evaluating wind extremes in CMIP5 climate models (Climate Dynamics).
Shah, R., and V., Mishra, (2014). Development of an Experimental Near-Real Time Drought Monitor for India (Journal of Hydrometeorology, AMS), http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/JHM-D-14-0041.1.
Mishra, V., Shah, R., and B., Thrasher, (2014) Soil Moisture Droughts under the Retrospective and Projected Climate in India (Journal of Hydrometeorology).