Virupakshi SoppinaAssistant Professor, Biological Engineering
- BSc: Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, 1998
- MSc: Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, 2000
- PhD: Gulbarga University, Gulbarga, 2006)
Email: vsoppina -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : http://vsoppina.wixsite.com/viruslab
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (July 2015 to present)
- Research Lab Specialist Intermediate, University of Michigan Medical School, USA (Oct 2014 - Jun 2015)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Michigan Medical School, USA (Sep 2009 - Sep 2014)
- Post Doctoral Fellow, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai (Aug 2006 - Aug 2009)
Palash J, Patel N, Soppina V and Sriram K (2019). Synthesis and Photophysical studies of push-pull derivatives based on Michler's Ketone: Selective binding to Serum Albumins. New Journal of Chemistry, (Under review).
Arpag G, Norris S, Mousavi SI, Soppina V, Verhey K, Hancock W, and Tuzel E (2019): Motor dynamics underlying cargo transport by pairs of kinesin-1 and kinesin-3 motors. Biophysical Journal,116, 1-12.
Palash J, Patel N, Soppina V, Sriram K (2019) Cationic Red-Emitting Probes for the Rapid and Selective Detection of SO2 Derivatives in Aqueous and Cellular Environment. New Journal of Chemistry, 43, 584 - 592.
Scarabelli G, Soppina V, Yao X, Atherton J, Moores CA, Verhey KJ and Grant BJ (2015). Mapping the Processivity Determinants of the Kinesin-3 Motor Domain. Biophysical Journal, 109(8):1537-1540.