Umashankar SinghAssistant Professor , Biological Engineering
- BE: Acharya Narendra Dev College, Delhi University, 1997
- MS: Hamdard University, New Delhi, 1999
- PhD: Uppsala University, Sweden, 2006 (continued from Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics,zBerlin, Germany)
Email: usingh -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (May 2015 to present)
- Researcher IGP, Uppsala University (Oct 2011 - May 2015)
- Postdoctoral Fellow IGP, Uppsala University (Nov 2006 - Oct 2011)
- Short Term Postdoctoral Work, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore (Jun 2006 - Nov 2006)
- Ph.D. Studentship ZUB, Uppsala University, Uppsala (Jan 2003 - May 2006)
- Ph.D. Studentship, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin (Sep 2002 - Dep 2002)
- JRF, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR), New Delhi (Sep 2000 - Sep 2002)
- JRF, CFTRI (CSIR), Mysore (Jan 2000 - May 2000)
Agarwal P, Collier P, Fritz H-YM, Benes V, Wiklund HJ, Westermark B, Singh U*: CGGBP1 mitigates cytosine methylation at repetitive DNA srquences. BMC Genomics In press.
Agarwal P, Enroth S, Teichmann M, Wiklund HJ, Smit A, Westermark B, Singh U*: Growth signals employ CGGBP1 to suppress transcription of Alu-SINEs. Cell Cycle 2014:0.
Singh U*, Maturi V, Jones RE, Paulsson Y, Baird DM, Westermark B: CGGBP1 phosphorylation constitutes a telomere-protection signal. Cell Cycle 2014, 13:96-105.
Singh U*, Roswall P, Uhrbom L, Westermark B: CGGBP1 regulates cell cycle in cancer cells. BMC Mol Biol 2011, 12:28.
Singh U*, Bongcam-Rudloff E, Westermark B: A DNA sequence directed mutual transcription regulation of HSF1 and NFIX involves novel heat sensitive protein interactions. PloS One 2009, 4:e5050.