IIT Gandhinagar is currently accepting applications in Sciences, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary areas.
Biosciences & Bioengineering,
Computer Science & Engineering,
Materials Science & Engineering.
English, Linguistics, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Developmental Studies, Archaeology, Media Studies, History, and Economics.
Archaeology, Biomedical Engineering, Design, Safety, Cognitive Science, Society & Culture
Rolling Advertisement for Faculty
Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN) invites applications for faculty positions at Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor levels in various fields of Engineering, Sciences, and Humanities & Social Sciences at the Institute. The candidate must have an excellent academic record and a demonstrated potential for excellence in research. The successful candidates will be expected to teach at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, conduct independent research in the candidate’s field of expertise, and contribute to administrative activities. As a rapidly growing institute, IITGN welcomes driven and energetic candidates who can contribute to institute-building activities.
The areas of interest and application instructions are listed below. Note that there are no last dates and we accept applications throughout the year.
The Institute supports faculty members and their endeavours by offering the following:
- Chairs and Fellowships to outstanding candidates at all levels. In general, the average emoluments at IITGN will be higher than elsewhere in the country.
- Liberal moving expenses to all faculty joining the Institute. In addition, the institute has set up an initiative to provide an interest-free loan of Rs. 2 lakhs for initial setup expenses to eligible new faculty.
- The average teaching load of a faculty member is 3 courses or less per academic year. Initially, all efforts will be made to limit teaching to one
course a semester for new faculty.
- The Institute will be providing a Professional Development Fund of
Rs. 1 Lakh per year (carried forward for up to 3 years) to all faculty
members for their professional growth. This may be used for purchasing
books/laptop, attending conferences or collaborative visits in India
or abroad, etc. Additionally, based on merit, liberal travel support can be provided
for participation in international conferences from the donation funds.
- Liberal start-up funds to new faculty to get their research efforts
started, and will provide any support needed to apply to funding
agencies for grants.
- Full support to the faculty to develop collaborations with research institutes in Ahmedabad and outside.
- Liberal support and authorization to faculty to develop library resources in their subject area.
- If there is only one faculty member in an area, the Institute will
endeavor to hire at least one more faculty member in the same area for
synergy of research efforts.
- The Institute will provide funds to support two Post
Doctoral Fellows (for three years each) for a new faculty member.
- The Institute helps faculty members attract and develop outstanding PhD students through start-early PhD fellowships, generous international conference travel support and support for spending a semester at universities abroad for our PhD students.
Further information about the recruitment process, life at IITGN and Ahmedabad, support from the Institute, etc. may be found in the following pages:
Qualifications & Payscales for Faculty
IITGN FAQ for Faculty Applicants
IITGN General FAQ
Guidelines for Personal Visit to IITGN (for faculty candidates)
World Class Faculty. Global Aspirations
Raising the Bar on Indian Education
Partners in Success
IITGN in News
IITGN Life on Campus (student-run)
Academics at IITGN
Please note that we no longer accept applications via email, all applications have to be submitted through the online portal.
What you need:
1: Completed application form with all annexures below as a single PDF
a) Response to questions 12 & 13(if attaching as separate annexures)
b) Scanned transcripts/grade cards(for all coursework since Bachelor's degree)
c) Certificate of SC/ST/OBC if applicable
2: Reprints of three best papers in single PDF file